We produce Quality Recycled Industrial Construction Concrete Aggregates
WHY CHOOSE OUR RECYCLED CONCRETE AGGREGATES?
CDOT Class 6, Road Base Recycled Concrete:
- Lower unit weight. Modified proctor density = 120 lbs./cu. ft. = 1.65 tons/compacted cubic yard. This means better yield than that of local virgin bases. Advantage is typically 15% or greater.
- Stronger base than most of the virgin (quarry or pit) bases. Hveem test results typically show “R” value in excess of 80. CDOT specifications are a minimum of 78. Crushed concrete base will actually attain a compression strength when compacted at optimum moisture. Laboratory tests show a compression strength of approximately 60 psi at 7 days.
- Concrete base excels at durability. After being compacted in place, it is virtually immune to future damage due to adverse moisture conditions. It will perform very similar to a cement treated base. It is presently being accepted by local specifiers as an acceptable substitute for flowable concrete fill.
B. Screened Rock (Recycled Concrete):
- Unit weight advantage. Approximately 1.15 ton per compacted cubic yard.
- Is excellent for stabilization purposes, and is a good free draining aggregate.
- Is widely used as core fill in block retaining wall systems & sanitary under drains.
Concrete Aggregates: Different regional names:
Class 5: CL 5, Class 6, CL 6, ABC, Road Base, CDOT Spec products, Recycled Concrete, Crushed Concrete,
Class 6: Which is also called : recycled concrete, class 5, ABC, Road Base, CDOT Spec CL 6
Class 6 is a general term for what can be named: road base or recycled concrete. Made out of crushed concrete from old buildings, roads, driveways, sidewalks etc… The recycled ” New ” products can be Class 5, CL 5 Class 6, CL 6, Road base, ABC, rock, 1 ½ , Spec 5 or Spec 6 and many other names depending the region. 1 ½ screened rock or Recycled Rock is just bigger sixed Class 6, which is recycled concrete.